HBH FOODS has strict procedures in place to prevent any cross-contamination with allergens. A general company policy on how to handle allergen-free products is enforced. Specific attention is given to :
- Employee's allergen awareness.
- Risk assessments.
- Specific closed recipients and dedicated utensils.
- Planning and cleaning sequences.
- Control measures in production.
- Clear responsibilities for rework.
- Additional customer requirements.
- Allergen monitoring (cross contamination validation).
- Legal requirements.
The production plant in Wapenveld follows a 'nut-free/sesame-free' policy. The production facility enforces special handling and cleaning instructions to prevent any cross-contamination with nut-products.
With regard to other allergens, such as soy, wheat and milk, the risk of contamination is minimized by strict cleaning procedures, planning-sequence and other appropriate measures.
HBH FOODS's product development department has all the know-how needed to develop allergen-free products in accordance with client specifications.
"Allergens have a huge strong effect, allergen control procedures are extremely important & necessary"